Saturday, March 11, 2006

 
Frost Top Drive-in
Do you remember the Frost Top In Mount Pleasant. Coming home from work last week on highway 37, I was listening to an oldies radio station. Right before County Line Road, they started playing "House of the Rising Sun". I had to turn at County Line and cut through were the Frost Top use to be, though the Mount Pleasant Addition and onto Morgantown Road. That was the main song at the Frost Top one summer. I went down to apply for the job, and backed into the owner's car, very little damage.( Remember that Greybeard ) He felt sorry for me and gave me the job. I worked there for two or three years. This was my American Graffiti. The ironic thing is that just three weeks ago the Johnson County Sheriff Department busted a massage parlor in one of the small shops where the Frost Top used to be, for prostitution. They had their own House of the Rising Sun in Mount Pleasant.
If I remember right, help me on this Greybreard, just south of the Frost Top on old 37, there were Burma Shave signs.
I wonder what kind of stories our kids will be writing 40 years after the fact ?

Comments:
Hawk! I love your Irish Holiday Journal. I traveled to Ireland a few years back with a friend,and she and I took a similar trip. I agree with you: it is one of the most beautiful places that I've ever been. There's no shade of green like in Ireland.

I'm curious, you went with a Mike Bevel? Does he happen to be from Greenwood? Did he graduate from HS in 1965? Did he attend General Motors Institute in Flint, MI? Does he have blond hair?

If you answer yes to the above, I went to grade school with him! And he went to the same college as Randy Stewart...I think even the same fraternity.

Let me know if it's the same Mike...if so, tell him Hi from Patsy Jones. By the way, he told Randy that I went to the Greenwood Prom with Ronnie Cooper in 1965. I got caught...ha!

Tell Ms. Hawk Hello!
 
Hi Patsy,
Yes that is the same Mike Beville. Wife Sandy Swinehammer from class of 1964 Franklin High School. We have been best friends for over 36 years. We have taken several vacations with them. My wife wrote the story on Ireland. She wrote one about 37 pages long on a trip (3 1/2 weeks) we took in Europe.
Sorry,I took so long to answer but Barb's Dad has been very ill the past 2 months and passed a way July 3. Our son is getting married this Sat. July 15 so we've been busy with that too.
Are you coming to Indy for the Oct Mini ? Sounds like another great party.
You take Care,
Hawkeye & Hotlips
 
Hi Hawk & Hot,

Very sorry to hear about HL's father! Been there and know what that's all about...very sorry!

And congrats on your son's wedding tomorrow! Ah, youth! Enjoy the day!

I'm planning on the October Fest! As long as all stays o.k. here.

No excuse for not getting you a CD of the April Mini in N'ville! I've just got "obligations" that really keep me hopping. But I'll get my CD copied and mailed to you. If you want to email me your home address, that might prompt my immediate attention to getting the CD done...ha!

It's so interesting that the VK's seem to really have been bitten by the "travel bug". I really enjoy everybody's stories about their treks! I've not been on a real trek in a couple of years...it's time for an adventure!

More Later!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?